Personal message: It is pertinent in our role as educators in Catholic education to approach student development holistically. At St Kevin’s, our vocation is to instil a life-long love of learning alongside an intimate and deep love and faith in Christ. I believe that in order to achieve this, it is essential to invest in relationships between students, parents, staff and the wider Parish community. In this way, our students are best supported in becoming inspired faith-filled citizens of the world with a loving, critical, and creative mind.
Areas of responsibility: The Religious Education Coordinator (REC) shares and supports the responsibility for the development and leadership in prayer, liturgical and sacramental life within the school. This is achieved through a strong collaborative network involving the Principal, Parish Priest, Family Educator and Parish community.
As the REC, Joseph is also responsible for the educational leadership of the school. He works with the executive team to:
- plan school improvement goals,
- facilitate professional learning and growth of staff,
- provide support and program feedback, and
- ensure excellent educational outcomes for students.
Professional experience: Joseph has filled the role of the Religious Education Coordinator (REC) at St Kevin’s, Eastwood from 2021.
Prior to this, Joseph spent two years as REC at Good Shepherd, Hoxton Park and four years as an educator at St Francis Xavier’s, Lurnea. In this time, he was an active member of the school community across many aspects of school life and assumed the following roles:
- Gifted and Talented Coordinator,
- Wellbeing Coordinator,
- Sports Coordinator,
- KidsMatter facilitator, and importantly,
- classroom teacher.
Joseph continues to strengthen his own faith journey through regular Parish attendance and involvement in events including the Australian Catholic youth Festival.
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) – University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Arts (Theology) – University of Notre Dame Australia
- Completing Master of Educational Leadership – University of New South Wales
- Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education (COGE) – University of New South Wales
- Gifted Education Online Course 1 – Sydney Catholic Schools
- Gifted Education Online Course 2 – Sydney Catholic Schools
- Reflective practices and collaboration to ensure contemporary teaching and learning
- Innovative pedagogical practices across all KLAs
- Guided by Catholic Social Teaching, empowering students to actively participate in and lead social justice initiatives